function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ankit Arora 30Ankit Arora 30 

SSO Login/Logout

HI Everyone,

I need help.

We have implemented SSO in our Org. When we login using the SSO, its working fine.
-> When we logout from Salesforce, we used to get some error message but then we set up the logout URL in SSO and then it started to work.
-> If we have multiple tabs open and if we logout from one tab, then we get the logout page as assigned in logout URL but now if we go to another tab, we get two options, one is RETURN and other is LOGIN. When we click on LOGIN, it gives us an error, it should suppose to take us at the LOGIN page that is provided by Identity Provider. When we click on RETURN, nothing happens, sometimes it says check your internet connection and when we reload the page, we get error message.

Error Message:
User-added image
VinayVinay (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Ankit,

You must configure the IdP initiated Single LogOut endpoint of your server.

You will find in the metadata the XML tag <md:SingleSignOnService> which contains the right URL to input in the field, it will look something like this:

https://dev/simplesaml/saml2/idp/SSOService.php

Configure the IdP initiated Single LogOut endpoint of your server. You will find this in your metadata XML in the tag <md:SingleLogoutService>. It will look something like:

http://dev/simplesaml/saml2/idp/SingleLogoutService.php

Hope above information was helpful.

Please mark as Best Answer so that it can help others in the future.

Thanks,
Vinay Kumar
@Vinay
I just checked the SSO Settings and the Metadata i recevied from the IdP.

I have verified the information as you mentioned and it looks good to me.

Identity Provider Login URL: URL i got from <md:SingleSignOnService>
Custom Logout URL: URL i got from <md:SingleLogoutService>

I am still getthing the same error. 
I don't find this error when I login and logout. When I logout from one tab, then it ask me to login and return and whatever option I select, i get error message.
Thank you

Regards,
Ankit
lohi tejlohi tej
I think this word was helpful to you. Is this starting to sound difficult? It’s not, really. Let’s crack it down into simple methods.
Design a Federation ID for each user.
Set up SSO settings in Salesforce.
Set up Salesforce settings in the SSO provider.
Make sure it all works.
Remember what the prerequisite is for SSO? That’s right, a custom domain. Because you’ve already completed the unit to set up your custom domain, you’re ready to go. regards : Wefbee (https://wefbeeapk.com/)
* lets users enter authorized network devices with one login. You validate usernames and passwords into your corporate user database or another client app rather than Salesforce maintaining separate passwords for each device.
@Vinay @lohi tej
I have set up SSO settings in Salesforce.
I have setup salesforce settings in SSO Identity Provider.
I have set up a Fedeation ID for all the users.

Its working fine. I don't have any issues in Login.

My main Issue:
If we have multiple tabs open and if we logout from one tab, then we get the logout page as assigned in logout URL but now if we go to another tab, we get two options, one is RETURN and other is LOGIN. When we click on LOGIN, it gives us an error, it should suppose to take us at the LOGIN page that is provided by Identity Provider. When we click on RETURN, nothing happens, sometimes it says check your internet connection and when we reload the page, we got the same error message.

Thank you

Regards,
Ankit