function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Harsh GosarHarsh Gosar 

What is the file storage of type "Photos"? How do I clear those?

File Storage of Type Photos

In my developer org (linked to Trailhead), suddenly I'm getting storage usage limit error. On review, I found that, under file storage "Photos" are more, not sure why and from where they came from?

Anyone can help me here understand this and remove/free up space?

My org is in deadlock as I can't create a single record due to this file storage limits.

Please help
Best Answer chosen by Harsh Gosar
Harsh GosarHarsh Gosar
I found that the only solution to this problem is to raise a case with Salesforce. They will do some backend recalculation and it will solve this issue.

PS: I asked the root cause of this issue but even Salesforce reps aren't aware of this system glitch.

All Answers

VinayVinay (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Harsh,

File storage includes files in attachments, Files home, Salesforce CRM Content, Chatter files (including user photos), the Documents tab, the custom File field on Knowledge articles, and Site.com assets.

Try to delete files and photos.

Also please review below link which might helpful.

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=admin_monitorresources.htm&type=0

User-added image

Hope above information was helpful.

Please mark as Best Answer so that it can help others in the future.

Thanks,
Vinay Kumar
Harsh GosarHarsh Gosar
Hi Vinay,

I appreciate your answer.

The problem here is "Photos" is not queryable in my org, hence I can't see them. The most interesting part is those photos are mysterious as I have no knowledge from where they came from as I bearly use files/photos in this org.

Anyways, I have already raised the case with Salesforce, I hope they will have a solution.

Thanks
Harsh GosarHarsh Gosar
I found that the only solution to this problem is to raise a case with Salesforce. They will do some backend recalculation and it will solve this issue.

PS: I asked the root cause of this issue but even Salesforce reps aren't aware of this system glitch.
This was selected as the best answer