function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Harjeet Singh 28Harjeet Singh 28 

How to share a file/document to non-salesforce users(user outside the org like legal team,customers)

Hi Experts,

I am looking for an advise/suggestion/guide on one of my requirement for which I haven't found a reliable solution yet

I am trying to implememt a functionality where I can share the files/documents on Salesforce to non-salesforce users(users outside my company) so that they can access the files outside.

I just wanted to understand if I can do this for non salesforce users? If yes what is the best way can we do this one?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Many thanks in advance

Thanks & Regards,
Harjeet
ANUTEJANUTEJ (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Harjeet,

I believe according to your use case you have mentioned you are looking for a way to share the files with the people outside salesforce manually.

I found the below link which shows how to share them via a link, please find the attached article link:

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=collab_files_sharing_via_link.htm&type=5

Hope this helps, please close the thread by marking a best answer so that it can be useful in the future for other users and also it helps us keep the community clean.

Regards,
Anutej Poddaturi
Harjeet Singh 28Harjeet Singh 28
Hi Anutej,

Thanks for your response!

Yes I am aware on the approach you have mentioned.Only thing is what I am looking is our Dev should not go for hard customization to accomplish this,It would be better if we can implement this as an OOTB feature.
Also,I am more concerned around the security features when sharing the files/documents from Salesforce to an external user. I should look for a solution(if exists) such a way that it should not compromise the security or its a non-vulnerable approach

Many thanks in advance

Thanks & Regards,
Harjeet
ANUTEJANUTEJ (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Harjeet,

So I found the below link can you please check if this addresses your issue.

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=admin_files_libraries_content_deliveries_public_links.htm&type=5

Regards,
Anutej Poddaturi