function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jennifer Cain 5Jennifer Cain 5 

Map Over a Checkbox

I am trying to map over a checkbox from lead to dealer. I spoke with Saleforce support and their suggestion was code creation but unfortunately couldn't help with that. They said to ask on this forum for developer support. Can anyone help? Thank you!! 
Bryan Leaman 6Bryan Leaman 6
Please define what a "Dealer" is to you and how a lead is related to a Dealer -- is it converted from a Lead to a Dealer like native salesforce converts leads to accounts (and/or contacts)?
Yes, its converts from Lead to Dealer. 
Bryan Leaman 6Bryan Leaman 6

So if a "Dealer" is actually a salesforce Account object, then you just need to go into lead mapping and select the Lead field and the Account field you need to map it to. (Otherwise, it must be some custom code or 3rd party package already that provides the ability to convert a lead to some other custom object and you'll have to follow up with whomever created the package or wrote the custom code for you.)

To map fields during lead conversion:

In Lightning : Setup | Object Manager | Lead | Fields & Relationships, then click the "Map Lead Fields" button. Then in the "Account" tab, find the field in your Lead object, select the corresponding field in the Account object

In Classic: Setup | Customize | Leads | Fields, scroll down to "Lead Custom Fields & Relationships" and click the "Map Lead Fields" button. Then in the "Account" tab, find the field in your Lead object, select the corresponding field in the Account object

Hi Bryan, I tired that. It didn't work which is why I reached out to Salesforce Support. They told me you cannot map a checkbox field type and suggested code creationg. They set me here. 

Raymond G: Unfortuantely we cannot map a checkbox type field.
Raymond G: May suggestion should be code creation however we don't support code creation.
Raymond G: Visualforce should do the trick, I would suggest posting this on our developer forum so that some of our developers can support you on the forum.
https://developer.salesforce.com/forums#!/feedtype=RECENT&criteria=ALLQUESTIONS& (https://developer.salesforce.com/forums#!/feedtype=RECENT&criteria=ALLQUESTIONS&" style="color:blue; text-decoration:underline)