function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Amrik Das 5Amrik Das 5 

How to access browser settings of customer on to Einstein Chatbot?

We are trying to implement a new Einstein Chatbot on top of the Salesforce Live Agent Chat implemented on our client website. The website is not hosted on communities or force.com sites (Website doesn’t leverage any Salesforce feature except live agent). We have developed the bot at a basic level and are looking to make it smarter. Following is the use case we are stuck at :

Requirement : As the customer clicks on the live chat button on the website, we want the capability to access their locale and preferred language, run a logic and present them with web links more suited to them as the bot starts or redirect them to respective agent queues based on their language preference.

Issue : As per current understanding, we are not able to access browser information like preferred language and locale from neither the bot configurations nor the invocable apex (As the apex class is not bound with the webpage).
Best Answer chosen by Amrik Das 5
SwethaSwetha (Salesforce Developers) 
HI Amrik,
Update:
I believe this information can be passed behind the scenes with the prechat form. You can write it to the transcript record so the bot can access it.

I think the location is already grabbed by default in the chat transcript record for all chats.

As for language...this is something that should be determined before the chat starts so the entire chat experience is in the right language.

Are you using a chat button and pop-out window for chat? Or are you using the embedded service component in the footer of the page?

All Answers

HI Amrik,
Currently, there is no way to access the browser locale settings in Einstein Bot.

Please consider submitting this as an idea on the salesforce Idea exchange so that the product team can implement it in coming releases based on the number of upvotes.

Link:https://success.salesforce.com/ideasearch

Hope this helps you. Please mark this answer as best so that others facing the same issue will find this information useful.

Thanks
HI Amrik,
Update:
I believe this information can be passed behind the scenes with the prechat form. You can write it to the transcript record so the bot can access it.

I think the location is already grabbed by default in the chat transcript record for all chats.

As for language...this is something that should be determined before the chat starts so the entire chat experience is in the right language.

Are you using a chat button and pop-out window for chat? Or are you using the embedded service component in the footer of the page?
This was selected as the best answer