function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
PareekPareek 

Aura Lightning overlay popover

Hello All,

How to apply custom CSS to aura lightning overlay. I want to override the position of the popover and default size of the popover which is default provided by the slds. 

And also how to display the popover at the different position on different pages based on the page/ or click event. Click event can be inside the aura component or outside of the component?

Could anyone suggest how to proceed with this ?

Thanks in advance !

Regards,

Saurabh Pareek

ANUTEJANUTEJ (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Pareek,

If I get the question right you want to override the slds to specifically customize a specific part.

I found the below article and it stated that we won't be able to edit the SLDS because "This is due to the Shadow DOM and the way that CSS works in LWC. Currently developers do not have a way to override/customize CSS that is derived from Base Components. Salesforce team is working on giving developers more options, but at this point of time we can't commit to a timeline."

https://success.salesforce.com/answers?id=9063A000000ePZSQA2

I hope this was hepful in addressing your query in case if it did please close the thread by marking this as best answer so that it can be used in the future for others and it also helps in keeping the community clean.

Regards,
Anutej
PareekPareek

Hi Anutej,

Thanks for your answer. Yes, you are right we can't modify the SLDS.

But If I diplay a custom popver. Could you please let me know how to achieve the below functionality?

How to display the popover at the different position on different pages based on the  click event. Click event can be inside the aura component or outside of the component.

For example - I have created a component and on click of a button I want to show the custom popover to point near the menu bar of Account.

Please let me know if its not clear for you.

Regards,
Saurabh Pareek