function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Laura Longtine-RosadoLaura Longtine-Rosado 

Null field update to NA

Can I use a workflow and field update to replace a null phone number field with N/A? Something like this? IF (ISBLANK ( Phone__c ),N/A, Phone__c 
A ton of leads are coming over blank and trying to find a way to make it easier to manage this field. 
Best Answer chosen by Laura Longtine-Rosado
Alaric WimerAlaric Wimer

Hi Laura, yes you can create workflow rule to accomplish this. First you want to navigate to Setup => Workflow Rules => New Rule

From here you want to follow the screenshots below. You can change the Evaluation Criteria in the first image as you desire, in my example I have it set to just evaluate on create. In other words only when Leads are created will this workflow rule run. 

Step One:

Step 1

Step Two:

User-added image

Step Three:

User-added image

Let me know if that works for you. All the best!

All Answers

Alaric WimerAlaric Wimer

Hi Laura, yes you can create workflow rule to accomplish this. First you want to navigate to Setup => Workflow Rules => New Rule

From here you want to follow the screenshots below. You can change the Evaluation Criteria in the first image as you desire, in my example I have it set to just evaluate on create. In other words only when Leads are created will this workflow rule run. 

Step One:

Step 1

Step Two:

User-added image

Step Three:

User-added image

Let me know if that works for you. All the best!

This was selected as the best answer
Thank you! I'll give it a try right now. 
Alaric WimerAlaric Wimer
You're welcome Laura, did it work for you?
Worked like a charm!! 
Alaric WimerAlaric Wimer
Great! If you found my response helpful, please mark it as "best answer". Thank you!