function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rashida BurhaniRashida Burhani 

Update a roll-up summary field (Created using Flow builder) when a check box on child record is unchecked

Hi there,
I've followed this guide ( https://admin.salesforce.com/blog/2019/use-flow-builder-to-create-a-roll-up-summary-field) to create a roll-up summary field on the Account object to count the number of Projects linked to an Account record via an Account lookup relationship field.
I have further added the filters Project Record Type = Delivery and Active = True, since I only want to count the number of Active Delivery Projects linked to an Account.
The issue I am facing is that the flow does not deduct 1 from its count when I uncheck the Active checkbox (i.e., when Active = False).
Can any one please suggest a work around that can be applied to count the number of Projects, while considering the record type and Boolean value for the Active field?
Thanks heaps!
(PS: I am not a developer)

ANUTEJANUTEJ (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Rishida,

Good job on creating a flow.

Have you considered calling the flow from a process builder where in you can mention if the record values change you call the process builder?

I believe the flow is not getting called and that might be the reason why the field is not updating.

Please find the below link where in it shows how to call a floww from a process builder and regarding the flow variables which I believe you have used in the flow.

>> https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=process_action_flow.htm&type=5

In case if you found the above information useful could you please close the thread and mark this as the best answer so that it can be used by others in the future and also helps in keeping our community clean.

Keep learning!!

Regards,
Anutej
Ankit Solanki 6Ankit Solanki 6
Hi Rishida,

I think we don’t need to create flow. Just create a checkbox in the child object and then create a workflow or process builder for that field and update that new field using field update task.

Let me know if need more help.

Thank you
Ankit