function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Shinji HayaiShinji Hayai 

How long will older versions of the REST API be supported?

Hi,

How long will older versions of the REST API be supported?
Where can I find that information?
I am using Spring '17 (API version 39.0) in my project.

Thank you in advance for any response.
Best Answer chosen by Shinji Hayai
AbhishekAbhishek (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Shinji,

Salesforce is committed to supporting each API version for a minimum of three years from the date of the first release. In order to mature and improve the quality and performance of the API, versions that are more than three years old might cease to be supported.

When an API version is to be deprecated, advance notice is given at least one year before support ends. Salesforce will directly notify customers using API versions planned for deprecation.

I hope you find the above solution helpful. If it does, please mark as Best Answer to help others too.

Thanks.

All Answers

AbhishekAbhishek (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Shinji,

Salesforce is committed to supporting each API version for a minimum of three years from the date of the first release. In order to mature and improve the quality and performance of the API, versions that are more than three years old might cease to be supported.

When an API version is to be deprecated, advance notice is given at least one year before support ends. Salesforce will directly notify customers using API versions planned for deprecation.

I hope you find the above solution helpful. If it does, please mark as Best Answer to help others too.

Thanks.
This was selected as the best answer
Shinji HayaiShinji Hayai
Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for the helpful answers.
I hope that Salesforce announces the end of REST API support on its website in advance.