function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Laura Longtine-RosadoLaura Longtine-Rosado 

Creating a formula to update a date field based on specific product type

We added a new product last week, and this one is a faster turn-around than the others in the catalog. There is a field that updates based off the date in another field to 8 months from that original date. This new product should only be 6 months. 
I thought I would use an IF for the publishing type field and then CONTAINS for the various publishing types, but since it's a picklist I dont think Contains with work with those. What is suggested to update only specific publishing types to 8mos and then another to 6mos all within the same formula. 
Thanks! 
ANUTEJANUTEJ (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Laura,

I understand you want to update another field using the value selected in the picklist I think you should be able to use ISPICKVAL to update the formula field.

Another approach for the same problem would be to use a process builder to update the field based on the selected picklist value.

In case if the above suggestions were helpful can you please close the thread by marking this as the best answer so that it can be used by others in the future and also helps in keeping the community clean.

Regards,
Anutej