function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
David Corns 16David Corns 16 

Lightning Component button (was created from Lightning Experience Configuration Converter) not appearing on Case page layout in Lightning Experience, but does appear in mobile.

Does anyone have any insight as to why a button might only appear in mobile and not in a Lightning page layout? We used the Lightning Experience Configuration Converter to arrive at the Lightning Component.
Best Answer chosen by David Corns 16
AnudeepAnudeep (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi David, 

It appears that the different behavior we are observing when chatter feed is enabled/disabled is working as designed. Basically, when the feed is enabled, it becomes feed based layout and the actions reflect feed actions. When feed disabled, layout becomes normal layout with object specific actions. There is no other way to fix it other than disabling feed tracking 

I hope you find the above solution helpful. If it does, please mark as Best Answer to help others too. Thank You!

Anudeep

All Answers

Hi David, 

Under what sections on the case page layout do you see the button/action? 

User-added image

Also, if you disable/enable feed tracking on this object, does it make any difference?

Anudeep

David Corns 16David Corns 16
Hi Anudeep,
Thank you for your reply. It seems when I disable feed tracking that the button then appears also in the Lightning page layout. If I then enable feed tracking again it disappears. Is there a way to still have it appear in the Lightning page layout with Feed Tracking enabled?
Thanks again.
David
Hi David, 

It appears that the different behavior we are observing when chatter feed is enabled/disabled is working as designed. Basically, when the feed is enabled, it becomes feed based layout and the actions reflect feed actions. When feed disabled, layout becomes normal layout with object specific actions. There is no other way to fix it other than disabling feed tracking 

I hope you find the above solution helpful. If it does, please mark as Best Answer to help others too. Thank You!

Anudeep
This was selected as the best answer