function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jeffery BoothJeffery Booth 

Custom Object Not Available In Custom Object Tabs

I'm not able to select my custom object from New Custom Object Tab - it's not in the list (Property). I may have not selected the proper option when creating the custom object. (Launch new custom tab wizard?) The existing solutions don’t appear to match the current salesforce. How can I add the custom tab now that the custom object is already created? The custom object has a lot of data/object dependencies that make re-creating it difficult at this point. I'm trying to complete the Salesforce Mobile App Customization >Create Object-Specific Quick Actions training module.
VinayVinay (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Jeffery,

To ensure a non admin user has rights to access the object-tab you're creating, you should:

>> Verify that the user's profile, as a minimum, has read access to the object (go to user's profile's setup screen and verify the "Custom Object Permissions" section)

>>  Ensure that the object you're displaying in the tab is "deployed" (This is a simple property on your custom object definition called "Deployment Status")

Review below links which gives you more information.

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000330223&type=1&mode=1
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/7184251/couldnt-see-the-tab-i-created-when-i-log-in-as-another-user-on-force-com-platf

Hope above information was helpful.

Please mark as Best Answer so that it can help others in the future.

Thanks,
Vinay Kumar
Hi Vinay,

Thank you for your reply. I'm still not able to resolve this issue however.

My profile is System Administrator, so I'm assuming it's not a non admin user. When I go to Setup > Tabs > New Custom Tab, my Property custom object is not showing in the selection box. I confirmed the object is in "Deployed" deployment status and my profile settings for System Administrator does not have a custom tab setting for Property. I'm not sure if that's what gets created when I'm able to create the custom tab, or if it should have been there when I created the object. Are you able to advise?
VinayVinay (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Jeffery,

Can you check If the Custom Object is on the Detail side of a Master-Detail Relationship, then the Master Object is not visible to the user.

Thanks,
Vinay Kumar
Rahul Kumar DeyRahul Kumar Dey
Hi Jeffery,

If you still not able to create custom tab for your custom object, you can do one thing is delete your custom object and create new one. Remember at the time of creating new custom object don't forgot to check the "Launch New Custom Tab Wizard after saving this custom object" check box. You can find this check box buttom of this custom object creation page. Aslo I have attached required screenshot. Hope it helps 

User-added image

And don't forgot to mark this as best answer so, it help others as well.

Thanks,
Rahul 
Vinay, this object was not a detail record. Rahul, I understand that recreating the object would be a workaround. I do have a number of dependencies that make this difficult. I did try this and got messaging that related this wasn't possible without removing references from other objects. I was able to continue with training without doing this step, so most likely I will skip this step. Unless I can get the custom tab object created now that my custom object has been created, I don't see a solution here. Thanks for your time and attention.
Mohamed AyadMohamed Ayad

Hi Jeffrey, so I ran into the exact same problem, and as you mentioned the workaround has too many dependencies so it's not feasible.

My solution:

User-added image
Since you and I have followed the steps of the previous Trail the Custom Object tab has actually already been created which is why it does not appear in the dropdown we expected to see based on the outlined steps.

Therefore, simply select "edit" of properties under custom object tabs and follow the steps from there. Although you have moved on to the next section, I hope this will help the Eco members.