function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Bhushan burujwaleBhushan burujwale 

Importing users using Dataloader

I am using Dataloader to import user.csv. I have 9K user records in user.csv. If I use dataloader to import these records does it import all these records with the same Id, ProfileId, UserRoleId or it will create diffrent uniqueId for these.

Example;
If I have user record with Id 0050H0000098J6MMAU, I am importing this user record in different tenant, does the user record will be created with same Id as in csv file?
ANUTEJANUTEJ (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Bhushan,

To my knowledge I believe you will have to select the colums to which the values would go, did you have a look at the below link:

>> https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.dataLoader.meta/dataLoader/inserting_updating_or_deleting_data.htm?search_text=import

It give all the steps of Data loader, in case if you find this information useful can you please choose this as the best answer so that it can be used by others in the future.

Regards,
Anutej
Danish HodaDanish Hoda
Hi Bhushan,
May I know which method you are using for importing the data.
  • If you want to update the records already present in the system, use UPDATE method, this will update your records with the Id present in csv file.
  • If you want to update the records and insert the records for which Id is not present in the csv, use UPSERT method
  • Use INSERT method if you want to create new records, the new ID will be generated for the created records, but you might get error for the dupliccate username.
Hi Danish,

I am using Salesforce Dataloader to import the data.
  • Exported data from Tenant1 and trying import data into tenant2.
  • Exported user.csv file contains users data with id; if imported same csv file using Dataloader on tenant2, will it import all users with same id field? 
Danish HodaDanish Hoda
Hi Bhushan,
Salesforce will create its own Id, the Id present in csv file won't be recognised.
Thanks Danish. That Helps.