function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Stephen Glaros 7Stephen Glaros 7 

Process Builder: Creating a new record type record from another object

Hi,

I'm using two objects: Cases and Agreements, each with two record types (NDA and MSA). I want to create a Case with a record type NDA that will create an NDA record type record in the Agreements object.

I can do this with Process Builder, except I can't seem to get the Case NDA request to create a NDA record type in Agreements - for some reason it defaults to MSA. 

Just wondering if it's possible to select various record types, (Case NDA  create Agreement NDA record) or does Process Builder only know how to create a new record in another object w/out being able to distinguish record types? If it's not possible, does anyone have any workarounds?

Thank you!
Best Answer chosen by Stephen Glaros 7
Andrew GAndrew G
You can set the Record Type by populating the Record Type using the 18 digit ID.
Below is for an Oppty, but should give you the idea
User-added image

You can get the Id from the URL when viewing the record type under Object Manager

Regards
Andrew

All Answers

Andrew GAndrew G
You can set the Record Type by populating the Record Type using the 18 digit ID.
Below is for an Oppty, but should give you the idea
User-added image

You can get the Id from the URL when viewing the record type under Object Manager

Regards
Andrew
This was selected as the best answer
Stephen Glaros 7Stephen Glaros 7
Hi Andrew - thank you so much - took me awhile but finally figured out where the record ID was. Appreciate the information!
Rgds,
Stephen