function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Maxim PetrosovMaxim Petrosov 

System.DmlException Problem

trigger ClosedOpportunityTrigger on Opportunity (after insert) {

List<Task> taskListToInsert = new List<Task>();

for(Opportunity opp:Trigger.new)
    {
       if(opp.StageName == 'CloseWon') 
       {
           Task t = new Task();
           t.Subject = 'Follow Up Test task';
           t.WhatId = opp.Id;
           taskListToInsert.add(t);
       }      
    }

if(taskListToInsert.size() > 0)
       {
          insert taskListToInsert; 
       } 
}
When I'm trying ti invoke this trigger I have this error

There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: REQUIRED_FIELD_MISSING, Required fields are missing: [Discount_Percent__c]: [Discount_Percent__c]
Can anyone help me with this?
Derrick AbbeyDerrick Abbey
Hi Maxim,  That error indicates that you have a required field on the task (activity) object that is not being populated by this trigger.  You will need to provide a value in the Discount_Percent__c field in order to complete the insert.
Hi Derrck. Thank you very much for your answer. Look at this photo. I pointed Requaried in General Options but still the same error. Help me please I'm stuck withthis challenge. 

User-added image
Derrick AbbeyDerrick Abbey
Hi Maxim,

How are you invoking the trigger? Is it in an Apex test class that you're getting the error?
Hi Derrick,
Thanks a lot that you found a time to reply. I created this trigger for Opportunities to complete my challenge.
When I'm checking it System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: REQUIRED_FIELD_MISSING, Required fields are missing: [Discount_Percent__c]: [Discount_Percent__c]
But I have already  this Discount_Percent__c field in Opportunity Custom Fields & Relationships. I don't know what I have to do.