function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
GJS GregGJS Greg 

Channel Menu Javascript docs. Especially for chat

Hi all,

Is there any documentation on Javascript support for Channel Menu yet?
All existing chat functions aren't available anymore like pre-populating fields, extra prechat form details, mapping fields to SF chat transcript, offline chat support?
After I installed it with the existing code I noticed JS errors and I guessed that the functions changed from 
embedded_svc.settings.XXXXX

to:

embedded_svc.menu.settings.XXXXX
Which removed the JS errors but the fucntions don't work so it's like they haven't brought across these existing features. 
I can't believe this was released to market without any support and documentation and for functionality to go backwards and make it impossible to use the menu.
Best Answer chosen by GJS Greg
GJS GregGJS Greg
Ok so I've finally worked this out. 

Originally when I first installed the new code with the old LiveAgent code it showed both widgets on the same web page. So I didn't think that was the solution.

After testing again, both the old LiveAgent legacy JS code alongside the new Channel Menu JS code work.

All Answers

AbhishekAbhishek (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Greg,

Omni-Channel lets your call center route any type of incoming work item to the most qualified, available agents. The Lightning Console JavaScript API for Lightning Experience includes several objects that let you control how Omni-Channel works within the Lightning Service Console for your organization.

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.omni_channel_dev.meta/omni_channel_dev/service_presence_console_api_lightning.htm

I hope you find the above solution helpful. If it does, please mark as Best Answer to help others too.

Thanks.

GJS GregGJS Greg

Hi Abhishek,

I was referring to the website Channel Menu, which is to provide extra functionality over the legacy web snapin/liveagent

Thanks

GJS GregGJS Greg
Ok so I've finally worked this out. 

Originally when I first installed the new code with the old LiveAgent code it showed both widgets on the same web page. So I didn't think that was the solution.

After testing again, both the old LiveAgent legacy JS code alongside the new Channel Menu JS code work.
This was selected as the best answer
regidsitesregidsites
@GJS Greg, how did you work out the legacy JS code to work with Channel Menu JS code
GJS GregGJS Greg
The answer is highlighted above in bright green
"After testing again, both the old LiveAgent legacy JS code alongside the new Channel Menu JS code work."
regidsitesregidsites
@GJS Greg I am encoutering with this error. Have you had the same issue? https://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/356977/embedded-svc-menu-settings-directtobuttonrouting-possible
GJS GregGJS Greg

@regidsites - sorry I'm not using direct routing. But you could proably apply the same logic in the new Omni Channel Flow options?

https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=sf.omnichannel_flows.htm&type=5