function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Yamile Pacheco CuevaYamile Pacheco Cueva 

Export to Outlook Calendar Button

I have some visualforce pages that help me export record information to excel. Is there a way to create an "export to outlook calendar" button for a custom object called "Class" so that after planning the class details in Salesforce users can just as those details as a calendar invite to their outlook calendar instead of having to copy and paste the details into a new invite.

This is different from events object or just adding this to a the calendar in Salesforce.

Anyway I can do this?

Thanks!
VinayVinay (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Yamile,

I don't think this might be possible to use VF page and import data to calendar invite through automation process.

Thanks,
Vinay Kumar
David Zhu 🔥David Zhu 🔥
Would saleforce for outlook plug-in work for you?
Yamile Pacheco CuevaYamile Pacheco Cueva
David,
It is my uderstanding the salesforce-outlook connector only works for activities and events. The information that We are tracking is a custom object for classes with students. All the planning happens in salesforce and is stored in a record as a "Class". The events and activities would not let us manage and report these classes with the level of detail and sharing that they require. We are looking for a way that these classes can be exported or printed once they are created in salesforce to create the calendar invite that can then be sent to others via outlook calendar.