function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Bill DemuthBill Demuth 

Workflow with additional pickval

This should be simple, but I am stuck. Our team is all remote and facing significant COVID related challeneges, and even the simple is a challenge,

I have a workflow that works

(AcctSeed__Date__c <  FDPM__c)&& AcctSeed__Balance__c = 0

What I need to accomplish is that this only executes when a third field, a Picklist Called Commision Status (Commission_Status__c) has the value of "PKA Paid In Full"

I have tried several approaches, but it never gets what I want/
Any help would be fantastic.
ShirishaShirisha (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Bill,

Greetings!

Can you please try the below formula which will fire if all of them are met only.

(AcctSeed__Date__c <  FDPM__c)&& AcctSeed__Balance__c = 0 && Commission_Status__c="PKA Paid In Full"

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future.

Warm Regards,
Shirisha Pathuri

Bill DemuthBill Demuth
This results in error because Commision Status is a picklist

I have tried. but it fails with this error

Error: Field Commission_Status__c is a picklist field. Picklist fields are only supported in certain functions. 

Any clarification you can offer?
Oh yeah,

If this is the picklist then we will have to use the functional called "ISPICKLIST" to validate the value as below:
ISPICKVAL(Commission_Status__c,"PKA Paid In Full")

You can add this to your formula which should resolve the issue.

Thank you!
Bill DemuthBill Demuth
I am very sorry, and appreciate the help, but it is not working

The following formula in the Workflow still gets the same error  Field Commission_Status__c is a picklist field. Picklist fields are only supported in certain functions. 

ISPICKLIST(Commission_Status__c,"PKA Paid In Full")&&(AcctSeed__Date__c <  FDPM__c)&& AcctSeed__Balance__c = 0

Very frustrating!!
Bill,

Can you please try the below:

ISPICKVAL(Commission_Status__c,"PKA Paid In Full")&&(AcctSeed__Date__c <  FDPM__c)&& (AcctSeed__Balance__c = 0)

Thank you!

Bill DemuthBill Demuth
THANK YOU
Can you please confirm,if that worked for you.

Also,you can try the below one as well.

IF(CONTAINS(TEXT(Status), 'Closed'))

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future.

Warm Regards,
Shirisha Pathuri