function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ross ClementsRoss Clements 

Installing Zulu JDK v11 on Azure for Salesforce Data Loader

I have been trying to install version 11 of the Zulu JDK on Azure using MSI installer link that is available at this address: https://www.azul.com/downloads/azure-only/zulu/?version=java-8-lts&architecture=x86-64-bit&package=jdk

Unfortunately Microsoft Windows Defender is blocking this installer from running on our Azure instance, I am guessing this is because of a missing certificate.

We have also tried to use the MSI installer from the community page and this issue also occurs.

Ideally I would like to installl version 11 of the Zulu JDK without switiching off the Microsoft Windows Defender to do it.

Has anyone else had this issue and found a way to get around it -  other than switching off Windows Defender?

Thank you in advance for any answers.
Best Answer chosen by Ross Clements

Issue was with the the MSI installer. 

Once it has been downloaded you need to right click on it and open up the properties menu. Within the general tab go to the security setting and where it states “This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer” click the “unblock checkbox” (see screenshot) and then run the MSI file to install the JDK on Azure.

All Answers

AbhishekAbhishek (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Ross,

For the above query, you have to reach the AZUL support team, Because third party Apps can't be controlled by Salesforce,

https://www.azul.com/support/

I hope you find the above solution helpful. If it does, please mark as Best Answer to help others too.

Thanks.

Hello Abhishek, 

Thank you for your answer, however I think that this is still an appropriate question for a Salesforce forum, as the problem in hand is getting the Salesforce Dataloader to work - I am not too concerned with the Zulu JDK. 

Salesforce's documentation recomments installing the Zulu v11 JDK to run with the Salesforce Dataloader, but perhaps there is another JDK that has both approval from Microsoft to run on Azure and is compatible with the Salesforce Dataloader.

My hope is that another Azure user may have come up with a creative solution to get around this problem.

Thanks

Issue was with the the MSI installer. 

Once it has been downloaded you need to right click on it and open up the properties menu. Within the general tab go to the security setting and where it states “This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer” click the “unblock checkbox” (see screenshot) and then run the MSI file to install the JDK on Azure.

This was selected as the best answer