function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
shreya duggalshreya duggal 

Override or Hide Save and New button

I have a problem related to 'save and new' button in lightning interface i.e when I edit a record and click 'save and new' button on the popup it doesn't pre-fill the lookup values. I can't update it as it is a standard popup and is outside my component. So is there a way to override the 'save and new' button or hide it from the edit record popup please help!!!

ShirishaShirisha (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Shreya,

Yes,you can't directly override the Save and New Button as it is on the Edit page.If you would like to hide or override the Save and New Button then you have to override the Edit page where you can still be able to use the Standard Save and Cancel functions but it will not show Save and New unless you call them in the VF page/Lightning component.

Reference:
https://trailhead.salesforce.com/en/content/learn/projects/workshop-override-standard-action/override_4

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future.

Warm Regards,
Shirisha Pathuri
Ravi JakhotiyaRavi Jakhotiya
Hi Shirish,
i have already override standard new button on related list. So first i have created a modal popup and then it redurect to standard edit record page but in this case Save & New button is not wprking properly....

Please help me!!!