function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Saurabh Kulkarni 84Saurabh Kulkarni 84 

What happens when unlicensed user access a lightning component from installed package

I have question related to managed package development. I have a managed package which has a lightning component which can be added on opportunity record page. Now, this managed package is going to be a paid application on appexchange. The question is what if a customer has installed this app and has got 10 licences and then adds this component on opportunity record page. Will the users other than those 10 users see an error where the component is added saying you do not have license to see this? Or it will work for all? How does it work? 
AbhishekAbhishek (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

May I suggest you please check with the below link from the stack exchange community exactly with a similar issue and a suggested workaround.

https://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/10518/access-managed-package-object-records-via-unlicensed-user

Hope this answers your question.

I hope you find the above solution helpful. If it does, please mark as Best Answer to help others too.

Thanks.

Saurabh Kulkarni 84Saurabh Kulkarni 84
Thanks, Abhishek for your quick response. 

I went through the link you shared and it looks like if my lightning component's controller is created with sharing then unlicensed user will not be seeing any records fetched from packaged custom object on the component. I hope that's correct. If yes, then I'm good. But will there be an error constantly being displayed by just having the component on the page to unlicensed user. Or there won't be any? Can you please help.