function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Erin Ryan 52Erin Ryan 52 

Contact Last Name data clean-up reverts to bad data

We've implemented a data integrity project starting with removing special characters from Contact last name. Unfortunatley 'something' is reverting and reinserting the removed special characters , in addition to updating Mailing Street with the below contact history? Has anyone seen this the below Mailing Street update? Not sure if the data updates are generated from Pardot, Inbox. The date/time stamp indicates it may be the LogObjectEmailFieldTriggerHandler. I hope this makes sense, I"m at a loss for the root cause. Thanks so much. 

Changed Mailing Street from Texas&amp;amp;amp;amp;lt;br&amp;amp;amp;amp;gt;United States&amp;amp;amp;lt;br&amp;amp;amp;gt;TX&amp;amp;amp;lt;br&amp;amp;amp;gt to Texas<br>United States TX US.
VinayVinay (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Erin,

It might be a batch class or someother custom component which is executing at backend and updating data in mailing street,  You can replicate and check logs or review the components involved in DML operation to understand the flow how data is getting updated.

It would be difficult to say route cause which might be invovled or executed as per your logic written.

Thanks,
Erin Ryan 52Erin Ryan 52
Thank you Vinay, I'll look into your suggestion and follow up.