function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
James WróbelJames Wróbel 

Web chat not displaying in external website

Hi, I am currently setting up Webchat to use on an external website. I have run through the chat deployment tasks and completed them as required. I have obtained the code snippet(s) to add to a webpage in order to show the chat window but nothing is displayed. I have checked the page source, everything looks as it should be. I have inspected the elements and can see the deployment id etc. The external website has been added to the CORS list. I'm not sure if I have missed a step. Thanks.
Best Answer chosen by James Wróbel
SwethaSwetha (Salesforce Developers) 
HI James,
Are you saying chat button is not visible at all? Have you tested that the chat functionality works on your internal salesforce org?

Incase it is working within Salesforce via a Visualforce Page, Community, or Basic HTML Doc((Only including Chat Button and Deployment Code or standard Embedded Web Service code snippet that doesn't have custom components configured) we can narrow down that its an issue with external website and not salesforce's.

If so, recommend placing the Embedded Web Service code in an iframe to isolate the component from framework libraries or other Javascript/CSS that may be causing problem

See doc

If this information helps, please mark the answer as best. Thank you

All Answers

SwethaSwetha (Salesforce Developers) 
HI James,
Are you saying chat button is not visible at all? Have you tested that the chat functionality works on your internal salesforce org?

Incase it is working within Salesforce via a Visualforce Page, Community, or Basic HTML Doc((Only including Chat Button and Deployment Code or standard Embedded Web Service code snippet that doesn't have custom components configured) we can narrow down that its an issue with external website and not salesforce's.

If so, recommend placing the Embedded Web Service code in an iframe to isolate the component from framework libraries or other Javascript/CSS that may be causing problem

See doc

If this information helps, please mark the answer as best. Thank you
This was selected as the best answer
James WróbelJames Wróbel
Great. thank you for pointing me in the right direction! I can now see the chat window on the external website.
Molly VaynerchuckMolly Vaynerchuck
How to Add Live Chat to a Website, Step by Step
1) Go to “Website Chat” and then “Customer Chat Widgets” inside of MobileMonkey.
2) Name your chat widget.
3) Select your chat widget colour.
4) Set up your welcome message.
5) Set up actions to the responses you receive from your initial question.
6) Ask for an email address.