function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Brian Hayes 12Brian Hayes 12 

Should a Flow Reload a Record's Values in a Flow Scheduled Path?

With a scheduled path on a record triggered after save flow, when the scheduled path is executed, is the record reloaded from the database?

Background:
I'm having a record triggered flow invoke a sub-flow to do the work - the sub-flow accepts two inputs: the record and the record Id.  If the record is not provided and the record Id is provided, the record Id is used to get the record. I'd prefer to use the record input to avoid the Get Record execution.

I've read this: Record-Triggered Automation | Salesforce Architects (https://architect.salesforce.com/design/decision-guides/trigger-automation), specifically section Transferring Data or State Between Processes. Note that the question is specific to scheduled paths and not asynchronous paths; altough, some best practicies with respect to field values may apply to both.

Here's a specific use case/scenario.  We use the NPSP.  The Opportunity object has child Opprtunity Contact Role objects: the Opportunity Contact Role has a field named Opportunity of type Lookup (Opportunity).  After the Opportunity and Opportunity Contact Role records are saved, I want to run a flow to review the values on the Opportunity Contact Role records and depending on the values, make changes.  The flow might also change the Opportunity's  Primary Contact value. Given my understanding of the NPSP, I assuem that that NPSP first creates and saves the Opportunity record and then creates the Opportunity Contact Role records since the Opportunity record Id is saved in the Opportunity field.  I don't know if this is done within the same transaction.
SwethaSwetha (Salesforce Developers) 
HI Brian,
You can reach out to Nonprofit Success Pack https://trailhead.salesforce.com/trailblazer-community/groups/0F94S000000kHitSAE?tab=discussion&sort=LAST_MODIFIED_DATE_DESC for inputs on your ask.

If this information helps, please mark the answer as best. Thank you