function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AbAb 

Not able to find archived chater group in Lighning

Hello,

I am using lightning.

How can see the archived chatter groups ?
Are than any impacts to acivate or diactivate a chatter group ?

Thank you for suggetion
Best Answer chosen by Ab
sindhura (Heptarc)sindhura (Heptarc)
Hi sandrine,

In the Lightning Experience, click Edit Group from the buttons in the group header.
Configure archiving for the group in one of two ways:
1.Click Archive to archive the group right away.
2.Select Archive this group if there are no posts or comments for 90 days and click Save to set up automatic archiving.

After you archive a group:
The publisher on the group page is hidden and members can’t create new posts or share files in the group.
The group no longer appears in the Active Groups filter on the Groups tab.
Previous group posts and comments no longer appear in the Chatter feed, unless someone adds a comment. Posts with new comments display in the All Company feed (Salesforce Classic) and the feed of each group member. They may appear in the Company Highlights feed (Lightning Experience), depending on the post’s popularity ranking and engagement (such as likes, comments, and views).

Use the My Archived Groups filter in the Groups list to find the archived groups that you own, manage, or belong to. You can also use global search to find archived groups or associated content. Note that archived groups don’t count toward your group membership limit.

NOTE
Group members don’t receive email notifications when a Chatter group they own, manage or belong to is archived or activated.
If your administrator disables archiving for groups, you can’t archive groups or edit automatic archiving settings. You can activate archived groups at any time, even if the feature is disabled.

For activating the archived group:
Navigate to the group you want to activate.
Use the My Archived Groups filter on the Groups list view to find the archived groups you own, manage, or belong to.
To find other archived groups, use global search, run a report, or ask your administrator for help.
Click Activate on the group detail page. You can also activate an archived group from the group settings page.
After a group is activated, the group detail page displays with the publisher enabled so members can create new posts and share files with the group.
Hope it will  help you.
Thank you

All Answers

Hello Sandrine,
The publisher on the group page is hidden and members can’t create new posts or share files in the group.
Previous group posts and comments no longer appear in the Chatter feed, unless someone adds a comment. Posts with new comments display they may appear in the Company Highlights feed (Lightning Experience), depending on the post’s popularity ranking and engagement (such as likes, comments, and views).
Use the My Archived Groups filter in the Groups list to find the archived groups that you own, manage, or belong to. You can also use global search to find archived groups or associated content. Note that archived groups don’t count toward your group membership limit.

For activating archived groups:
Group owners, group managers, and users with the “Modify All Data” permission can activate an archived Chatter group from the group detail page.
Use the My Archived Groups filter on the Groups list view to find the archived groups you own, manage, or belong to.
To find other archived groups, use global search, run a report, or ask your administrator for help.
Click Activate on the group detail page. You can also activate an archived group from the group settings page.
After a group is activated, the group detail page displays with the publisher enabled so members can create new posts and share files with the group.

Activating of chatter group is fine, we can delete the chatter group.
For deleting:
Deleting a group permanently deletes the updates of the group, including any links posted to the group. When you delete a group that includes files, you're not deleting the files, just the references to the files. The files remain in their original location, such as in each file owner’s Owned by Me filter on Files home. If the files were posted to the group and not shared in other locations, deleting the group also removes the references to the files. The files remain in the file owner's Owned by Me filter on Files home, where they're private but can be shared again later.
Hope it would help you

Thank you.

AbAb
Hello Sindhura (Heptarc),

I tried to search the group by entering the group name in the global search, but i dont find it.

Is there any way, i can find the list of archived groups.

Thank you.
Hi sandrine,

In the Lightning Experience, click Edit Group from the buttons in the group header.
Configure archiving for the group in one of two ways:
1.Click Archive to archive the group right away.
2.Select Archive this group if there are no posts or comments for 90 days and click Save to set up automatic archiving.

Previous group posts and comments no longer appear in the Chatter feed, unless someone adds a comment. Posts with new comments display in the All Company feed (Salesforce Classic) and the feed of each group member. They may appear in the Company Highlights feed (Lightning Experience), depending on the post’s popularity ranking and engagement (such as likes, comments, and views).

NOTE
Group members don’t receive email notifications when a Chatter group they own, manage or belong to is archived or activated.
If your administrator disables archiving for groups, you can’t archive groups or edit automatic archiving settings. You can activate archived groups at any time, even if the feature is disabled.

For activating the archived group:
Hope it will  help you.
Thank you

This was selected as the best answer