function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Simon KinderSimon Kinder 

Support for TimeSheetEntry object in visual flow

Hi all

Posting here as SF support said i am not special enough to get a simple answer from them.

I am using a custom flow to populate an expense claim object. One step in the flow i use a screen element with various lookups using the flowcomponents:lookupFSC lightning component that was recently added to SF.

The issue is that this works fine for most objects (Cases, WorkOrders, Campaigns etc) but i get an error if i try to lookup a TimeSheetEntry.

User-added image

Error
User-added image

Now i realise the error is pretty specific and all i was trying to confirm with SF support was that it was actually true it is an unsupported object and not my error.

Any help appreciated.

thanks

Simon

Gaurav HandooGaurav Handoo
Hi Simon

I believe TimeSheetEntry object being referred here is a custom object created in your org and you should use the API name of the object (should be something like TimeSheetEntry__c) to achieve this.

Hope this works. Please mark as best answer if it does.

Cheers!!

Gaurav
Simon KinderSimon Kinder
Hi Gaurav

Thanks for the reply, but TimeSheetEntry is a SF object added when you purchase the field service module. I have tried with the __c custom ending and the error changes to object does not exist so the name is correct (it is also the API name when i check the object)

given the error my belief is that it is really not supported, which is rubbish as all SF objects should naturally be supported in flows. if this was a custom object made by me it would work fine as i have another flow doing just that.
Gaurav HandooGaurav Handoo
Hi Simon

Sounds really weird but I believe it is very much possible, for FSL related objects I've myself faced certain issues while executing Visual Flows and Process Builders.

Cheers!!

Gaurav