function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kris WebsterKris Webster 

PLEASE HELP (APEX TRIGGER/CLASS)

No one answered me on the previous post and I really need some help here so going for the repost. 

Hey guys, I have written this class to extend my Trigger Handler Base code, and have gotten the code to pass without any errors, however it is not doing exactly what I want it to do. 

BREAKDOWN 
I have a object called Project (pse__Proj__c) that has a lookup field on it called campaign (Campaign__c). I also have another object called Expense Reports (pse__Expense_Report__c) that also has the same lookup field on it, buit with a different API name (Campaign_Expense__c). Basically what I need the code to do is that when a new expense report record is created I need the value that is found in the Campaign (Campaign__c) field (on the project object) to fill the campaign object on the expense report object with the same value. 

Here is the code I have, but it is not filling the field on the expense report object with the campaign. PLEASE HELP ! 

/************************************************************************************************************************
// Name         ExpenseReportHandler 
// Description  Standard trigger handler for ExpenseReportHandler 
// Revisions    2018-Nov-20  kris.webster@levvel.io     Initial version
***********************************************************************************************************************/
public without sharing class ExpenseReportHandler extends TriggerHandlerBase
{
    // Local catches for bulkified data
    private map<id, pse__Proj__c> projMap = new map<id, pse__Proj__c>();      // key = record id

/************************************************************************************************************
    // Name         bulkBefore
    // Description  Standard implementation of the TriggerHandler.bulkBefore() interface method.
    *************************************************************************************************************/
    public override void bulkBefore()
    {
        if (trigger.isInsert || trigger.isUpdate)
        {
            set<id> projIds = new set<id>();

for (SObject so : trigger.new)
            {
                pse__Expense_Report__c er = (pse__Expense_Report__c)so;

if (er.Campaign_Expense__c != null)
                {
                    projIds.add(er.Campaign_Expense__c);
                }
             }

// Fetch accounts and their default attributes
            projMap = new map<Id, pse__Proj__c>(
                [SELECT Id, 
                        Campaign__c
                   FROM pse__Proj__c
                  WHERE Id IN :projIds]);
        }
    }
    /************************************************************************************************************
    // Name         beforeInsert
    // Description  Standard implementation of the TriggerHandler.afterInsert() interface method.
    *************************************************************************************************************/
    public override void beforeInsert(SObject so)
    {
        pse__Expense_Report__c newER = (pse__Expense_Report__c)so;

setcamp(newER);

}

// Name         beforeUpdate
    // Description  Standard implementation of the TriggerHandler.afterUpdate() interface method.
    public override void beforeUpdate(SObject oldSo, SObject so)
    {
        pse__Expense_Report__c newER = (pse__Expense_Report__c)so;

setcamp(newER);

}

// Name         queueDeliveryManagerSync
    // Description  Helper method to sync delivery manger to parent opty
    private void setcamp (pse__Expense_Report__c exprep)
    {
            // If the expense reports's campaign is blank, we fill it with the projects campaign
            if (exprep.Campaign_Expense__c == null && projMap.containsKey(exprep.pse__Project__c))
            {
                exprep.Campaign_Expense__c = projMap.get(exprep.pse__Project__c).Campaign__c;
            }            
        }
    }