function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
dbsupportdbsupport 

critical update - Add a Namespace Prefix to Query Parameters and pageReference.state Properties:

I'm wondering if anyonw can please clarify the affect of this critical update: "Add a Namespace Prefix to Query Parameters and pageReference.state Properties:"

Here's the detailed description:

Starting in Spring '19, query parameters and pageReference.state properties must have namespaced prefixes. If they don't have namespaced prefixes, they will be removed from the org's URLs. A namespace prefix distinguishes your package and its contents from other developers' packages. Namespace prefixes prevent conflicts between components on the state or query parameter name. To add a namespace prefix, see Register a Namespace Prefix.

To test and ensure that your namespace prefixes work, enable this critical update. If you run into issues, ensure that you've prefixed the values with a namespace. If you continue to have issues, contact Salesforce Customer Support.

This feature rolls out to sandbox orgs starting on December 3, 2018. It rolls out to production pods starting on January 11, 2019.

Example
If you have components or pages that rely upon a “foo” query parameter, prefix the “foo” parameter with a namespace. In this example, update /lightning/<page>?foo=true to /lightning/<page>?ns__foo=true. Likewise, if you store values in pageReference.state, update the properties to include a namespace. In this example, update pageReference.state = { foo: true } to pageReference.state = { ns__foo: true }.

If you don’t have Lightning Components in a package, add c__ as the default namespace.

Does this only affect code in a managed packages? If not, what is the namespace that would need to be used. How can I verify 3rd party apps are compliant ?

Also I'm not clear if this is specific to lighting only or affects code in classic.

Thanks,
Joe

Anna Proviz 16Anna Proviz 16
Hi Joe,

Are you got an answer to your question? I am trying to understand the same ... 
Also, I'm not clear if this is specific to lighting only or affects code in classic.

Thanks in advance
dbsupportdbsupport
Hi Anna,
I turned it on in full sandbox and tested code using query paramaters and it continued to work, so I assume it's managed packages only.
We didn't have any code using .state and we haven't transitioned to lightning yet, so can't answer you there, but I suspect the answer is managed packages only all the way around.
Anna Proviz 16Anna Proviz 16
Hi Joe,

Thanks for your quick reply :)