function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Erwin ZavalaErwin Zavala 

Best way to become a Salesforce Admin? (I am new)

Looking for the absolute best way to be a Salesforce Admin. 

I've only been working with Salesforce (mostly uploading info ) at my new job for about a month. I won't be doing much with it but want to become an Admin... I did some research on the topic and feel that I would enjoy a career as an Admin but I need help as we do not have a seasoned Admin. My supervisor has just learned the basics somehow but he is located in Berlin so I can't really learn under him.
Please help.

1)Will trailhead be the best way to study for the exam? is so:
    A) how do I know I am on the right trail on trailhead??

2)Do you recommend paying for classes? if so which ones?
3) any other tips would be helpful.
4) Is there another rout of Salesforce that is better that you enjoy?
Thank you guys!
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Erwin,

As far as I am concerned trailhead is the best place to learn Salesforce for newbies.

There are many trails on trailhead to go through the Admin topics.

Please find the below trails which will definitely give you a more than enough knowledge on administration topics. Down the line, after completing them you can explore more modules as you will get to know. ​​​​​​​ Hope this helps.

Kindly mark this as solved if the reply was helpful.

Thanks,
Nagendra

v varaprasadv varaprasad
Hi Erwin

I have started a new batch for salesforce training If you are interested please contact me and  I will provide administrator certification training also.

I am an excellent Salesforce Developer/Administrator. Working on Salesforce Classic and Lightning both.
====================Salesforce Training New Batch Started================ 
My area of expertise:
1. Salesforce Adminstration
2. Salesforce Development
3. Salesforce Integration
4. Saleforce Lightning Basics

My Website: http://salesforceprasad.blogspot.com/
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOcam_Hb4KjeBdYJlJWV_ZA?sub_confirmation=1

If you have any projects in Salesforce regarding my knowledge, I will happy to work with you.

My contact Details are listed below.

Thanks,
V Varaprasad
Email: varaprasad4sfdc@gmail.com
Mobile No : 9393934143

Alexey GordonukAlexey Gordonuk

Here is the steps I can offer for you:

Start with the Basics - Familiarize yourself with the basics of CRM. Learn about Salesforce’s core features and functionalities.

Online Learning Resources -Trailhead: Salesforce's free learning platform, Trailhead, is an excellent resource. Start with the Admin Beginner trail and move up from there. Also join Salesforce communities and user groups. They often share helpful resources, host webinars, and offer networking opportunities.

Practice Environment - Sign up for a free Salesforce Developer Edition account. It's a fully-functional Salesforce environment that you can use to practice and test configurations.

Certification - Prepare for and obtain the Salesforce Certified Administrator certification. It's a valuable credential that demonstrates your knowledge and skills.

Gain Real-World Experience - Start by taking on junior or entry-level roles where you can be mentored by experienced Salesforce Admins. Work in different industries to understand various business processes and how they are reflected in Salesforce. Go to different niche job platforms like https://www.sfstaffingagency.com/hire-salesforce-admin/

Something like that)