function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ankit Bhatnagar 13Ankit Bhatnagar 13 

Is knowledge user checkbox required to be true for internal users to create articles?

Is it really necessary for the creation of knowledge articles? How is community user able to create knowledge articles without knowledge user checkbox being checked(I've done that using a lightning component)?
What if I manually gave read, create and edit permissions using a permission set to a user without the knowledge user checkbox being checked, would that user be able to read, create and edit knowledge articles?
Is there a programmatic or declarative approach available to tackle this problem?
v varaprasadv varaprasad
Hi Ankit,

Yes, We need to enable knowledge user checkbox required to be true for internal users to create articles.

Hope this helps you!
If my answer helps resolve your query, please mark it as the 'Best Answer' & upvote it to benefit others.

Thanks
Varaprasad
Salesforce Freelance Consultant/Developer/Administrator
@For Salesforce Project Support: varaprasad4sfdc@gmail.com

Salesforce latest interview questions  :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOcam_Hb4KjeBdYJlJWV_ZA?sub_confirmation=1

Sibananda Bhuyan 3Sibananda Bhuyan 3
Hi Ankit,

I know it is quite late but I need to know this now. What is the actual answer to this?
Can a knowledge article be created without having the "knowledge User" checkbox checked? if yes, then who will be the owner of the article?
Can you also give clarity on what does the permission (Read, Create, Edit, Delete) signify for the Knowledge object at the profile level?
I am building a lightning component to allow users to create knowledge articles but we have a limited no of "Knowledge User" feature licenses for our org. So just wondering whom all can create/own/edit knowledge articles?

Is it only through the feature license (Knowledge user checkbox) or can also be managed from profiles?
Thanks.
David Huddleston 2David Huddleston 2
Sorry this is late, perhaps you have an answer.  To create Knowledge you need the "Feature Licenses" called Knowledge User.  Because it is a license even though you have the CRED's you still require a feature license in order to create.  I hope this helps.