function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nethra RaghupathyNethra Raghupathy 

Store configuration values in app

Hi,

I have a lightning app which uses cloud storage to provide data to the app via API.
First time when an user installs it, entire app is disabled and a pop up appears asking user to enter few configuration details which is required for the app. Once that details are provided, entire app becomes available. So next time when the user logs in he/she shouldn't be prompted to enter those configuration details. 

Which is the best place to store whether this configuration is provided by the user or not? Is there a way to store inside SFDC? or should I store in cloud storage and check that API every single time?  
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
See My Comments 

I have a lightning app which uses cloud storage to provide data to the app via API -- 

You can able to store the object in custom settings or custom metaddata or object dependendes on the data .. If you want to encript the data use custom object and load the data as part of the package

First time when an user installs it, entire app is disabled and a pop up appears asking user to enter few configuration details which is required for the app. Once that details are provided, entire app becomes available. So next time when the user logs in he/she shouldn't be prompted to enter those configuration details. 

That you can do it as part of the app install 

Which is the best place to store whether this configuration is provided by the user or not? Is there a way to store inside SFDC? or should I store in cloud storage and check that API every single time?  

I will say dnt ask user to do it .. load the ocnfig as part of the package install