function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Charlton HuaCharlton Hua 

Combining 2 Opportunity related list into 1 list?

Hello All,

I am attempting to replicate a part of our legacy program within Salesforce Opportunity object--having a related list that displays product line items and comments in between lines. I've been searching for a solution however haven't had much luck. 

I am considering a custom solution that would combine Opportunity Products related list and another related list, Comments related list, and am wondering if and how this can be achieved?
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
As you are going to combine the two objects in to one 
  • Create a consolidate data model into object 
  • and Load the data fro both the objects into once 
  • use record types 
Charlton HuaCharlton Hua
Raj,

Thanks for the response. Can you please elaborate? I have an idea of what you mean however am not sure the appropriate steps to take in order to achieve this? 

I was thinking, yes, I would indeed need to possibly create a new object that would consolidate these 2 related list however I am not sure how to do this with Opportunity Products since its out of the box build. 
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
Let me explan details .. I must be be explan first time 
  • Merget Your second object  in to  Opportunity Products .Insted of creating an new Custom ovject .. that is posiable and Use record type to diff two types 
  • Now Check the second object data model and see is there any new fileds you need to create in the Opportunity Products to meet the need to consoloidate the data model 
  • Add the page layout and records type 
  • After that take the data from the Custom Object and load into Opportunity Products .