function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Dawn HarpinDawn Harpin 

sharing rules for tasks

Hi All, 
Is there a way that i can get users who are in the same ROLE and/or PROFILE to be able to change Assigned To field on TASKS? 
I have a group of users that function more as a team, and they need to be able to grab a task assigned to someone else on their team, assign it to themselves and then update and close that task. Tasks are primarily assoicated with CASES.  I have added all the users to a case team, and have also given them sharing Read/Write on the Account record related to the case. Nothing seems to work.  Am out of ideas! 
Andrew GAndrew G
Random thought -
Whats your sharing model as OWD? 
Whats your sharing setting on activities?  Can you try that as "managed by parent"?

Regards
Andrew

Dawn HarpinDawn Harpin
Thanks Andrew. I just tried that and it DOES allow that user to manage the Assigned To field, but it also appears to let all my users DELETE one anothers tasks regardless of who they are assigned to. :-/     There does not seem to be a way to control the delete option at the profile level for Tasks/Activities.  Any thoughts? 
Andrew GAndrew G
Hi there

Two options spring to mind:

1.  Remove delete access for tasks/activities for all users - I understand that may not be practical
2. Write a custom trigger which tests for ownership before allowing the delete - would require some developer experience.

Regards
Andrew