function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Joseph GiordanoJoseph Giordano 

Can email to salesforce accept updates to fields, for example to change the type tsk10=Meeting

So I'm  using the email to salesforce functionality to log a call to accounts and opportunities. I want to change certain fields on submission like the type field with something like tsk10=meeting. This functionality is available when using the URL post, Is it possible with the email to functionalit. 
Murali MattaMurali Matta
Hi Josep,

In Salesforce you can use Process Builder when field is changed you can send an Email Alert to the selected users.

In Process Builder:
1. Select the Object on which you want to perform the action.
       i. Add Criteria Select  "When a record is created or edited" 

Process Builder

User-added image

2. In Criteria Section  select "Formula Evalutes to True"
      and select "ISCHANGED" function select the fields which you want to get alert.
User-added image

3. In Immediate Actions select "Email Alerts"
 User-added image

Thanks,
Murali
Murali MattaMurali Matta
Hi Joseph,

You can Workflow Rules also to trigger Email when field is Changed.
1. Select "Formula Evaluates to True"
    and write ISCHANGED(field Name) and you define you criteria.
 User-added image

If you select "Created and Every time it's edited", if the field is changed every time then email is tirggered.
if you select "Created and any time it's edited to subsequently meet Criteria" if you change the record and meets the criteria only, then email will be triggered.
If you select "Created" at the time of creation only the email will be triggered.

PLease let us know if this will help you

Thanks,
Murali
Joseph GiordanoJoseph Giordano
Thanks, but that's not really what I am looking to do. I want to use the "Email To" Saledfoce feature which allows for the ability to "Log a call " via email. I'd like to use the feature and update some of the fields beyond the standard Subject and Description/Contents. So I don't want to know when a field changes, I want to be able to add a record and manipulate fields.