function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Moe ZounMoe Zoun 

Should I use process builder/ workflow rules or formulas to update multiple checkboxes in an activity?

I am working with an organization that would like to track what products are being mentioned during client calls/ visit. Let's say we have four products. 

Product A, Product B, Product C, and Product D.

In the Task Object, I added four checkboxes, A, B, C, D.

IF the rep mentions Product A in the subject line OR the Comment section, THEN checkmark Product A.

IF the rep mentions Product B AND Product C, AND Product D in the Subject OR the Comment THEN checkmark all three.

IF  the rep mentions Product A AND Product C in the Subject OR the Comment THEN checkmark Product A and Product C.

And so forth.

My question:
Is a rule like this doable in workflow rule or process builder? Or should I take a different approach to it?

Thank you in advance!

Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
I dnt think so workflow rule in a correct optoin and you can able to do it with the Proecss Builder and you need to use contains in text comparison 
Abdul KhatriAbdul Khatri
I really do not understand why you wanted to run checkboxes selection through a free form text user entry, even though you have already added four checkboxes on the Task Level. Can't Rep select thouse checkboxes and let them use the subject and comments for other details. 

Running through a free form text entry, I see lots of issues like
  1. You need to restrict a Rep mention the Product in a specific way in order to make the code run successfullly.  
  2. When code is based on string match which is free form text, the margin of error always increases.
  3. Typo error may lead to unsuccessfully code runs
Benefit of my suggestion
  1. Rep has free to enter anything in Subject and Comment
  2. Select only through provided Products

I would highly recommend my above suggestion for the solution