function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sfadm sfadmsfadm sfadm 

What are the advantages of the Analytics Dashboard Designer over the standard Salesforce dashboards?

I'm interested in using the Analytics Dashboard Designer which is part of the Einstein Analytics.

However I'm interested in the Analytics Dashboard Designer only.

I'd strongly appreciate if you can explain what are the advantages of the Analytics Dashboard Designer over the standard Salesforce dashboards?
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

There is huge difference between both. You can say analytics dashboard is superior version of former, which can be developed using wave analytics tool which is now commonly known as Einstein Analytics.

The difference lies in usage, your dashboard is specified to show an answer based on your org data generated from report. So, either you need to modify filter in reports or you need to create new report to view other answer from your org data in form of Dashboard.

Using analytics, you create dashboards which are dynamic in nature which can answer your lot of questions(Business logics). Once cretaed analytics dashbord doesn't require developer everytime you want to other analysis from dashboard. Using analytics tool you can load your org data, data from other org (External Data) in the form of CSV and from any external server.

You will use einstein analytics when you are dealing with really big amount of data, wave works on ELT approach, so after extraction of data is done, data is ready to be loaded(to show dashboards) and then transformation can be done as per reuirement.

For more information please refer to below link. Hope this helps.

Kindly mark this as solved if the reply was helpful.

Thanks,
Nagendra