function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Travis DvorakTravis Dvorak 

Bypass trigger while using data loader?

Good day experts.  I have a trigger that I created to replace our orgs validation rules.  I need a way to bypass them while doing doing a mass update via data loader.  I did end up getting that figured out by adding logic to the validation trigger, however, I'm now having an issue updating a field after the update.

if(c.skip_validation__c = true){
return;
}

so when the case update is loaded, I add the value of "skip_validation__c" to true, which will bypass it.  At the end of the validation trigger (or a separate one), I would like to update any case that has "case_validation__c" as "true" and update it false, so it doesn't bypass the validation trigger going forward.  How would I accomplish this?  Tried via process builder, but doesn't work since it would be saved not meeting the criteria.  
Natarajan _Periyasamy__cNatarajan _Periyasamy__c
Hi Travis,

The best way to do this is to create a custom settings called 'Load Lean Settings' (hierarchical) which should have a boolean field called 'No Triggers' (Or whatever so).

Then, 
a. For the data loading user, configure it (No Triggers) to True
b. Update your trigger code to something similar to below
//Get the Load Lean Settings for the current user (Dynamic)
Load_Lean_Settings__c notriggers = Load_Lean_Settings__c.getInstance(UserInfo.getUserId());

if (notriggers == null || (notriggers != null && !notriggers.No_Triggers__c)) {
 //Your Trigger - Validation Logic
}