function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jon WilberJon Wilber 

Connected App Version Changing

Hey All,

I am trying to figure out what causes a connected app version to change.  Here is my setup:

I have a development org where I am developing a managed package.  I have been adding custom objects and fields, custom settings, etc.  So far, I have observed the Connect App version changing under the following circumstances:
  1. I adjusted the OAUTH callback URL.
  2. I added a custom setting to the app.
That said, our production org is currently at v31 of the connected app; however, our development org shows the version being v48 and I have only made 9 beta releases for our package.  It looks like the app version changes due to things other than package releases.

Does anyone have any other ideas as to what actions cause the app version to change?    The changes I have been making to the package itself have not been released and are just in beta.
SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

Check for below point from help article.

For your convenience, you can update some fields in a connected app and the changes apply immediately to all installed versions of the app. For example, connected app descriptions are immediately updated in each version of the connected app. The following version-independent fields bypass the packaging or installation lifecycle.
Description
Info URL
Logo Image URL
Callback URL

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=connected_app_edit.htm&type=5

Please mark it as solved if my reply was helpful. It will make it available for other as the proper solution.

Best Regards
Sandhya