function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Edward Scott 17Edward Scott 17 

Campaign Influence Question

Hi,

I have a question about campaign influence. 

So I know that if a contact is added to an opportunity that any campaign that was associated to the contact before the contact is associated with the opportunity will be added to the opportunity. My question is if that contact is added to another campaign before the opportunity closes will the newly added campaign be added to the opportunity. 

If the answer is no, is there a way to create a trigger that will do it for me?

Thanks,
Edward
Best Answer chosen by Edward Scott 17
Syed Insha Jawaid 2Syed Insha Jawaid 2
Hi Edward

There exist Auto-Association settings for Campaign Influence.
If it is enabled it means : 
Automatically adds Campaign Influence to an opportunity. For the campaign to auto associate, the contact on the opportunity must be assigned a contact role prior to the opportunity close date and also be a Campaign Member on the campaign.

So If the Opportunity to which the contact is associated has close date of future and you add the contact to another campaign then campaign influence record will be created automatically.

For reference : http://www.curata.com/blog/salesforce-campaign-influence/

Cheers!!!!

All Answers

Syed Insha Jawaid 2Syed Insha Jawaid 2
Hi Edward

There exist Auto-Association settings for Campaign Influence.
If it is enabled it means : 
Automatically adds Campaign Influence to an opportunity. For the campaign to auto associate, the contact on the opportunity must be assigned a contact role prior to the opportunity close date and also be a Campaign Member on the campaign.

So If the Opportunity to which the contact is associated has close date of future and you add the contact to another campaign then campaign influence record will be created automatically.

For reference : http://www.curata.com/blog/salesforce-campaign-influence/

Cheers!!!!
This was selected as the best answer
Edward Scott 17Edward Scott 17
Thanks.