function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sammar AbbasSammar Abbas 

<apex:tabPannel>

hi! hope u all are doing well! i am using the <apex:tabPannel> component !  when ever the page is load the fist tab is selected by defualt  but i dont want any tab to be selected on the loading of the page . how can i do that?
Best Answer chosen by Sammar Abbas
E Jayaraman IyerE Jayaraman Iyer
Hi,

The 1st tab will be selected, that is something we cant change, but put the entire content of the 1st tab inside an output panel and use rendered to hide it.

thanks

All Answers

Hey,

This is the default behaviour of tab panel, you can dynamically choose which tab you want to keep selected, but if you don't want to keep any tab selected at inital load then for that you can tweak with your code which is inside the specific tabs.

Thanks
Sammar AbbasSammar Abbas
Thanks Mr jayaraman! but can yu help me with tweaking .. because i have done enough 

Hey,

You can use rendered attribute on your tab panel/ content inside the 1st tab to hide them when u dont want to show any tabs.

Thanks
Sammar AbbasSammar Abbas

Hey!
i already tried it but this attribute  hide the tab and hiding a tab is not my requirement
problem is the selection of tab .i dont want any tab selected when the page reloads 
thanks and regards! 

Hi,

The 1st tab will be selected, that is something we cant change, but put the entire content of the 1st tab inside an output panel and use rendered to hide it.

thanks
This was selected as the best answer
Sammar AbbasSammar Abbas

thanks Jayaramn Hats Off!

you are the best 

it solved my problem . but it still taking some extra space