function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
robert webber 8robert webber 8 

Can't save from developer console

Suddenly I cannot save changes to Apex code or VF pages from the Developer Console. It just hangs up. If I wait long enough, sometimes 5 - 10 minutes, it will save. This makes the developer console impractical to use. I read through the forums and found some advice about creating a new workspace, which I've done twice, but it hasn't helped. Appreciate any help on this. I'm stuck not using the Developer Console right now and I have some deadlines coming up.
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
Can you clear the brower cache and try .. 

And whihc brower you are using and version ??? 

Delete all debugs logs also once and try 

Check is there any extension or plug in which you installed 
Appreciate your help, Raj. I am using FIrefox version 64.0 - the latest. I tried the same thing through Safari and it has the same problem. Anyway, deleted Firefox cache and debug logs as you suggested. I tried some saves. One VF page saved in about 30 seconds. I tried another and it took 2.5 minutes to save. I looked at the progress for the last save. It shows "Creating deployment for container..." at 11:35:02. Then "Getting deployment for ID..." and "Getting members of ApexPageMember for container... at 11:37:29, which accounts for the time I measured.

Any other ideas? Anyone else? This is a real pain.
Deepali KulshresthaDeepali Kulshrestha
Hi Robert,

The problem with the Developer Console is that it is written in JavaScript; this uses a lot of computing resources.
So Here is a link given below:

https://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/7848/how-can-i-speed-up-developer-console

I hope you find the above solution helpful. If it does, please mark as Best Answer to help others too.
Thanks.
Deepali Kulshrestha
Thanks for the suggestion, Deepali. I checked my perspective. It is set to Execution Log only. I also thought I would try from a different computer to see if it had anything to do with my hardware, software or configuration. Same problem.
The delay went away and I can now save files. The only thing I can think of is that I was using a workaround of copying source from the developer console and pasting it into the file opened in Setup and saving. I want back to trying to save from the developer console after about a week and the delay was gone. I can only think that something was corrupted and eventallly using the workaround cleared it up.