function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ScottB3ScottB3 

Best way to choose and track modules installed for a customer

My organization has a limited number of products (20) for which we currently use Salesforce CPQ.

After a customer is signed, we then have thousands of modules which the implementation team needs to sort through to find which are most applicable to the customers needs.  These can be categorized by things like geography, feature set, language (customer needs the Ireland, China and US modules that apply to widgets, gizmos and dangles and we need it in Irish, Mandarin and American English) 

Once the implementation team decides which modules to use, they then need to be able to associate the chosen module configuration to the customer's account.

These aren't exactly products, and they aren't sold individually.  They're just pre-designed software modules to add to an overall configuration.

I'm looking for the best way to implement this which will give me something similar to the Salesforce AppExchange where you can multi-select different attributes based on metadata and narrow down your search to the appropriate modules.

Finally, I would need to be able to associate related objects to these modules such as implementation instructions, requirements, etc.