function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Gary Payne 2Gary Payne 2 

Is there a way to use Process Builder to auto-populate the Name field on a Log a Call record when the Log a Call button is used on a Case, Account, Contact, or Opportunity?

We need to auto-populate the Name field on a Log a Call record, which can be created from the Case, Contact, Account, and Opportunity pages.I am not a developer so I am using the Process Builder to address this need.  I was able to create a Process Builder for the Task object to populate the Name field on a Case record, but I have not figured out how to include the other objects in the process.  Any help will be appreciated greatly.
Hemant_SoniHemant_Soni
Hi Gary,
Can you please explain exectly what you want to achive. Means whenever you created a log a call task you want to create a account, Contact,Case and Opportunity. Can you please confirm that will really help to solve this problem.
Thanks
Hemant
Gary Payne 2Gary Payne 2
Hi Hemant,
The requirement is to auto-populate the Name field on the Log a Call record.  This needs to occur when the Log a Call action is used on the Lead, Account, Case, Contact, or Opportunity records. I attempted to build a process builder called "Activities...Cases", but it fails on object records other than Cases.
Hemant_SoniHemant_Soni
As much i know for Contact,Case,And Lead Log Call Name Is automatically populated we dont need to do any thing beause it is a standard Process. And For Account And Opportunity We can not auto populate Name field because contact and lead would be multiple.
So Please deactivate your process and then try to log a case on case,Contact and lead first.
Gary Payne 2Gary Payne 2
Hemant, The PBs also populate custom fields: Lead Source, Lead Attribution (picklist), and Referred By (Contact lookup), so the PBs cannot be deactivated. Regards, Gary Payne