function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Postalytics PTestingPostalytics PTesting 

Very Basic Question - New to SF

I'm looking to create a user with very limited permissions. They only need to be able to create views in Leads and Contacts. So the most limited permissions with the ability to create views. Then I'd like to login as that user and test something out with the integration my Dev team has built. I know how to create a user but how do I limit their permissions?
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
Please edit the profile and remove all the unwanted to permission  like Manage Public List Views etc 

From Setup, enter Profiles in the Quick Find box, then select Profiles.
In the Profiles list page, do one of the following:
Click New Profile, then select an existing profile that’s similar to the one you want to create.
If enhanced profile list views are enabled, click Clone next to a profile that’s similar to the one you want to create.
Click the name of a profile that’s similar to the one you want to create, then in the profile page, click Clone.
A new profile uses the same user license as the profile it was cloned from.
Enter a profile name.
Click Save.

And remove unwanted permisison 

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=users_profiles_cloning.htm&type=5
Sitanshu TripathiSitanshu Tripathi
Step 1 - Clone an Admin Profile.
Step 2 - Click on "Edit" button and find the "Standard Object Permissions" Section.
User-added image
Step 3 - Find the "Lead" label and unckeck the 'Create, Edit, Delete, View All, Modify All' make sure the Read permission is selected.
User-added image
Step 4 - Save the changes.

Now,

Create a user or edit an existing user and select your above created Profile. That's it.

One thing more Postalytics PTesting,
1. You can't edit these permission if you are using a Salesforce standard profile. So You will have to create a Profile.

If you are geeting my points then please mark as a best answer. Do not forget the other person's effort for your question.