function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Swarupa KarriSwarupa Karri 

Need of Visualforce

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone in this forum please help me in understanding why to create visual force pages even for the record creation.I mean when we add object as a tab in an app,salesforce automatically gives us the option for creation,edition and deletion of records.Then what's the need of visualforce in creating,editing and deleting records.And also when we actually go for visualforce?As I am new to salesforce, appreciate your prompt response in understanding this.

Thanks in advance!!
Deepali KulshresthaDeepali Kulshrestha
Hi Swarupa,

Visualforce pages are basic building blocks for application developers. A Visualforce page is similar to a standard Web page but includes powerful features to access, display, and update your organization's data.
Although Salesforce provides us with a great environment to work on, sometimes we require a more custom approach to our problems. The custom solutions can be easily implemented using Visualforce. It also allows us to add a lot more functionality to our pages and make them the way we want.
Visualforce consists of a tag-based markup language that gives developers a more powerful way of building applications and customizing the Salesforce user interface. 

For more information refer to these links:
https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.pages.meta/pages/pages_intro_when_use_pages.htm
https://trailhead.salesforce.com/en/content/learn/modules/visualforce_fundamentals/visualforce_creating_pages

I hope you find the above solution helpful. If it does, please mark as Best Answer to help others too.

Thanks and Regards,
Deepali Kulshrestha
RahulRahul
Yes, Salesforce has provided standard functionality, but In case your making your own application and want to design something new. Salesforce has provided Visualforce in which we can easily use Html, CSS, javascript, jquery and lightning design system using which you can design the page the way you like. This provide the flexibility to the users who want to create their own.