function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Pratik Desai 16Pratik Desai 16 

Hello all experties there. I have one question. How can we have multiple owners ?

Best Answer chosen by Pratik Desai 16
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Pratik,

Firstly, I would request you please elaborate your question as it's not so clear.

Can you be more specific about having multiple owners?

Is that for a custom object, or an account, or contact, opportunity etc...

For example, if you want to have multiple owners for an opportunity created then you can make use of Opportunity teams to add multiple people to work on an opportunity record.

It still doesn't mean an opportunity has multiple owners just that multiple members can collaborate on it. The other way is you can use sharing rules to open up access to more members.

If you want to have more that one owner for a particular record then this functionality is not available as of now.

There is an idea which is active on the success community for which you can upvote so that it gets available in the mere future.

You can find the idea at the below link. Hope this helps.

Kindly mark this as solved if the reply was helpful.

Thanks,
Nagendra

All Answers

NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Pratik,

Firstly, I would request you please elaborate your question as it's not so clear.

Can you be more specific about having multiple owners?

Is that for a custom object, or an account, or contact, opportunity etc...

For example, if you want to have multiple owners for an opportunity created then you can make use of Opportunity teams to add multiple people to work on an opportunity record.

It still doesn't mean an opportunity has multiple owners just that multiple members can collaborate on it. The other way is you can use sharing rules to open up access to more members.

If you want to have more that one owner for a particular record then this functionality is not available as of now.

There is an idea which is active on the success community for which you can upvote so that it gets available in the mere future.

You can find the idea at the below link. Hope this helps.

Kindly mark this as solved if the reply was helpful.

Thanks,
Nagendra

This was selected as the best answer
Pratik Desai 16Pratik Desai 16
Hi Nagendra,

hearty thanks for this reply.
I had given an interview somewhere and in that interview Salesforce BA(functional) asked me this question.
I was not at all aware of this question that time.

So I have got the answer for my question -  that is - there can not be multiple owners for the record.

My next question is - question contained something regarding sales team, that can we have multiple owners or not nd how?
please tell m something regrding this and sharing rules as well.

Your reply would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Pratik D.
(a new folk to salesforce word)