function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Luke Osmundson 2Luke Osmundson 2 

Does the replace picklist value trigger automation?

For the replace option on the picklist field, the new value I'm changing to has some automation that would normally run. If I replace the value, then I don't want that automation to run. Do I have to disable it first, or do Apex Triggers/Flows not run when the replace option is chosen?
SiemSiem
Hi Luke,
did you get an answer to that question? I have the same question and I am afraid replacing a picklist value will trigger automation. Thanks!
Luke Osmundson 2Luke Osmundson 2
Hello, Unfortunately I didn’t, but from my testing none of the automation I was afraid of triggering ran. I can’t say for certain whether it’s only some or all that won’t run. It seems likely to be all though. Thanks, Luke Osmundson Software Developer/Analyst | Business Technology - Enterprise Apps | Trinity Solar CT Location: 7 McKee Place | Cheshire, CT 06410 | CT, Master Electric Contractor # ELC.0124054-E1 | X1108 | CT, Home Improvement Contractor #HIC.0635520 For other jurisdictions, please visit: http://www.trinity-solar.com/about-us/locations-and-licenses IRS Circular 230 Disclaimer: To ensure compliance with requirements imposed by the IRS, we inform you that any U.S. federal tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code, or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein. INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS E-MAIL TRANSMISSION IS PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL. IF YOU ARE NOT THE INTENDED RECIPIENT OF THIS EMAIL, DO NOT READ, DISTRIBUTE OR REPRODUCE THIS TRANSMISSION (INCLUDING ANY ATTACHMENTS). IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS E-MAIL IN ERROR, PLEASE IMMEDIATELY NOTIFY THE SENDER BY TELEPHONE OR EMAIL REPLY.