function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Heena PatelHeena Patel 

Einstein Bot as an internal chatbot

Is it possible to set up an Einstein bot as an internal chatbot for internal use amongst support agents to help them with troubleshooting a customer issue? If so would this require the set up of an internal community for the bot? Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks
Naveen KNNaveen KN
Hi Heena, 

Einstein bot in general, is a service that is powered by predefined business rules, scripts and artificial intelligence through a conversational interface. With the recent rise of Artificial Intelligence, ChatBots have become a lot smarter and they understand customers more accurately. 

Saying that if you want to automate the reply to the customers then you need to go for Einstein Bot. In case if you don't need any automation in the chat between agent and customer then you can try for Live agent and Snap in capabilities in the salesforce.

Naveen 
Team codengine.in  
Heena PatelHeena Patel
Hi Naveen, thanks for the response. I am still trying to understand how I can leverage an Einstein Bot as an Internal ChatBot which is not customer facing but rather a bot that our support agents can use to quikcly get information for our agents to provide to our customers. My understanding is that a community has to be set up for an Einstein Bot to work along wit live agent and snap in deployment. Thanks
Naveen KNNaveen KN
Einstein bot needs configurations to give the specified set of response based on the input or actions from the agent. As a developer, we need to define the rules for input and output from the bot. 

Maybe we can add this as a tab in the utility bar so that agents can open and ask the bot [any questions like what is the age of case abc] whenever they are in a call or chat with the customer and another way is adding the bot to the portal and give link to the agent in case if we are not able to embed the bot inside the layout.

Naveen 
Heena PatelHeena Patel
Thank you Naveen for the followup response