function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Bryan Leaman 6Bryan Leaman 6 

VisualForce page on lightning home page doesn't always work

Our lightning home pages regularly present a server error to our users. We get a "Sorry to interrupt" window that says: This page has an error. You might just need to refresh it." But refreshing doesn't always work. If I click on any other tab in my lightning app and come back to the Home screen it always works fine.
I opened a support case and they refuse to help other than to say there's an error in my visualforce page. But if that were the case I would expect it to NOT work most of the time and NOT work when I switch to another tab and come back to home, where the data to be displayed will not have changed one iota.

Error message details:
This page has an error. You might just need to refresh it. First, would you give us some details? (We're reporting this as error ID: 1063741991)

Technical Stuff:
[NoErrorObjectAvailable] Unable to retrieve Visualforce page url.
eval()@https://mbw.lightning.force.com/components/flexipage/visualforcePage.js:3:390

I tried to report this to salesforce as an error because it looks like the lightning visualforcePage component is generating an error that is beyond my control as a developer.
Naveen KNNaveen KN
Try to see if there is any long query running or any interface calls in the initial load. you can isolate by removing each piece of codes in the component. you have embedded visualforce page in the lightning component?

Naveen
Bryan Leaman 6Bryan Leaman 6
Update... I've recreated the VF pages as actual lightning components and have similar issues -- sometimes they don't render. They're all very straight-forward with just a couple quick-running SOQL queries. There are several other components to the home page including 4 utility-bar items from a couple managed packages, so I can't tell much about what they are doing.

I captured a debug log when the home page failed to render everything and then again when it *did* render properly. The only thing I noticed was that when it failed, several requests were bundled in a single debug log entry. I suspect an intermittant flaw in how lightning bundles server requests.

When the home page doesn't render fully even native components are not rendering properly.