function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SalesforceLearnerNewbieSalesforceLearnerNewbie 

how can I pass the parameter back to controller without the use of command or any function and just param?

I had posted a lot of questions asking the same question and problem arise due to not able to pass my parameter or values in the apex:repeat back to controller many times but to no avail, no response, no reply, no solution. 

I kind of giving up in learning this language. Before I quit, I really wish to understand how can this works, how can I pass a parameter back to controller WITHOUT THE USE of commandlink or any functions but only by

My list is like this  List<String> something{get;set;} // ["I have something", "I got something"]

I wanted to save each of the value inside the list "something" to <String> some // I have to pass the List"something" to VF page before passing it back from VF page to controller, this is my requirement. 

I then try to pass it to VF page:

<apex:repeat value="!something" var="s">
<apex:param value="!s" assignTo="{!some}"> // this has been create in controller <String>something {get;set;}
</apex:repeat>

My question, why I cant pass the value back to my controller? I try this method but nothing is stored in "some". I still do not know why. Many said use rerender but this "rerender" is only in function or commandlink, BUT I DO NOT WANT TO use these links. I just want to pass the parameter without any buttons or anything.

Please help. Its my final trial and its urgent! Thank you so much
SalesforceLearnerNewbieSalesforceLearnerNewbie
Can anyone assist me in this please? The question has been asked for a long time but to no assistance. Could anyone please guide me.